Hello,

I'm about to work on heavy playouts, and I'm not sure how to choose a move
during the playout. I intend to have weights for various features. I thought
about 3 versions:

1. In a position, calculate all the weights and the total weight. Then, play
one move i with the probability weight_i/total_weight.

2. Select a move randomly. Calculate the weight of it, then squash that
weight in the [0,1] range. Play that move with that "probability".

3. Same as 2., but play that move if the "probability" is higher than a
certain treshold.

Which one do you think works best? I'm looking forward to other ideas, too. :)

-Isaac
--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss
für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!*