Some quick comments:

I did store the search tree with early versions of Valkyria, but then I gave it up.

Problems:

1) Searching deeper did not seem to overcome inherent fuseki weaknesses
2) The memory cost became too high

Advantage:
1) Playing fast in the opening saves time. This is very good on small boards.

Currently, I am thinking of doing something similar to a normal opening book but with winrate statistics from played games that are updated online. The idea is to bias search towards known good moves, but avoid:

1) Memory costs
2) The problem of overfitting weak and strong opponents if only the most played moves are stored and no search is done in the positions found in the opening book.

-Magnus