I'm running Fatman1, GNU Go and GNU Go MC version for 9x9 and two
instances of GNU Go for 13x13, five programs in total, on a dual-core
Athlon at home.

I strongly believe current anchors are resource friendly enough for
older pentium 3, 4 or even Celeron processors and not necessary being
changed.

Changing anchors is a big problem, similar to changing the
International prototypes.  Also, GNU Go is used as a reference in
almost every computer-go research these days.

I'm against that idea, especially for 19x19.

Hideki