I agree with keeping the GnuGo anchor.

My understanding is that Don wanted to bundle one or more fast programs with the server, so that some opponents would always be available. But I think that the rating of bundled programs should not be fixed.

Right now we're relying on volunteers to provide these programs, and they have to restart them every time they get thrown off he server. Bundling them would be more convenient.

E.g. we could have amigo and averagelib for the low end, and Fuego0.4 with 1000sim for the middle. If GnuGo is too expensive to run on the server, it should still connect frequently enough to keep the ratings from drifting away.

        Martin