On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 12:39:05PM -0400, Jason House wrote:
> That raises an interesting point. I've also put bots up in a setup and
> forget scenario, but inevitably the bit is off of CGOS within a few days
> and I had no idea when it went down.
>
> What's the right way to solve this issue so such altruistic bots can be
> more easilly maintained? This may also help the anchor absence issue too.

If cgosclient not only stall but really crash (due to itself, your
program or more probably a network failure) you can just put it in
script with a loop :

runme.sh:
        #!/bin/sh
        while true
        do
                cgosclient
        done

I've done this in the past and it works well. I suppose you
can do something similar on Windows, but as I know almost anything about
windows I can't you for it.

I recomand putting a 'mail' in the loop for sending you informations
about the crash. And to be gently with the server, adding a 'sleep x' in
order to wait a bit before reconnecting.

Tom

--
Thomas Lavergne                    "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter
                                     necessitatem." (Guillaume d'Ockham)