> I fixed allowing multiple suicide in playouts, but it didn't make the
> many wasted playouts go away on Sheppard's position.
> On further investivation, the problem has to do with the interaction
> between superko and the transposition table.
> Currently, Orego checks only simple ko most of the time. Superko is only
> checked at the top level, before playing a "real" move (as opposed to a
> move in a playout). This means that, within the transposition table,
> superko can lead to an actual cycle. Orego does have a max number of
> moves per playout, so it doesn't crash, but it does throw away such
> playouts.

What is superko?
My program keeps a list of all board-positions and then if it whants to
do a move it checks if the new board-position is in the list. If so, it
throws that move away. Are there other checks I need to do as well?

Folkert van Heusden

--
Feeling generous? -> http://www.vanheusden.com/wishlist.php