Hi!

  Today there was a short discussion about the strongest bot currently
online on KGS and I got curious whether ManyFaces or CzechBot (bleeding
edge MoGo) is stronger, so I made it play against ManyFaces.

  CzechBot is running as dual-thread pondering MoGo on slightly loaded
dual-core Athlon64 4800+ with 4G RAM, so perhaps slightly better hardware
than ManyFaces; it was reading slightly above 3kpps. Since CzechBot is
ranked one stone lower than ManyFaces, all the games were played josen:
with ManyFaces white taking no komi. The time was 30:00 SD. The ruleset
was Japanese and CzechBot was assuming Chinese rules, but in practice it
never mattered.

  13 games were played and the total score was 8-5 for CzechBot. I wonder
how would they play if on even grounds. The general game pattern was the
usual wild middlegame wrestling typical of MC, with CzechBot usually
getting large edge initially (70% winning probability and seemingly
unshakeable position), but then in the lost games making a careless
blunder or two when it got too much ahead, and panicking subsequently.
Overlooking ladders seemed to happen to it several times.

  This is just a FYI if anyone is interested in the relative strength or
would find the games interesting.

--
                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis
A lot of people have my books on their bookshelves.