> But the biggest problem is that the path to life/ko is very narrow.
> The defender has many useful moves and the invader has few.
> So MCTS will falsely judge invadable areas to be safe.

Interesting, I'd not thought about it in that respect: I know I can soon
find positions where the defender has only one way to defend but the
attacker has many choices.

But, has anyone gathered stats on positions, from real games, that
require precise play by the defender/attacker/both/neither? Is defending
really easier than attacking?

Darren

http://dcook.org/gobet/  (Shodan Go Bet - who will win?)
http://dcook.org/mlsn/ (Multilingual open source semantic network)