> The discussion on move evaluation via CNNs got me wondering: has anyone
> tried to make an evaluation function with CNNs ?

My first thought was a human can find good moves with a glance at a
board position, but even the best pros need to both count and use search
to work out the score. So NNs good for move candidate generation, MCTS
good for scoring?

Darren

My new book: Data Push Apps with HTML5 SSE
Published by O'Reilly: (ask me for a discount code!)
  http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920030928.do
Also on Amazon and at all good booksellers!