Hello all,
I think we are forgetting one thing, that is, for a long time there was one
person who played only with White for hundreds of years.. AlphaGo could
play as thus. Also, in the old days, there was no komi and he went second.
No komi... Also, I once wrote a paper on komi entitled "Komi:Fiction or
Science Fiction?" which outlined how playing styles were altered and the
game was distorted after its introduction in the 1920s. The time limits in
the present match were also ridiculous, besides. New combinations appeared
in the middle game that no one could figure out but in time, they might
have.
Best,
Peter Shotwell.