Given the minimal sample size, bothering over this question won't amount to
much. I think the proper response is that no one thought we'd see this
level of play at this point in our AI efforts and point to the fact that we
witnessed hundreds of moves vetted by 9dan players, especially Michael
Redmond's, where each move was vetted. In other words "was the level of
play very high?" versus the question "have we beat all humans". The answer
is more or less, yes.