Here's a suggestion.  I would like to hear what Urban, and others, think
about it.

I enter GnuGo in these events to keep the numbers even. The operators of
strong bots don't want to waste processor cycles proving that they can beat
GnuGo, but they prefer it to a bye.

Instead of my using GnuGo to make the numbers even, I could use Urban's
program. The downside for Urban is that he would have to get it connected
and running, with only a 50% chance that it will actually get any games.
The upside for him is that it will sometimes get experience against much
stronger players.  I assume that the operators of the strong programs don't
care whether they get to play against GnuGo or Urban's program.

By the way - I haven't yet received any entries for this Sunday's
tournament.  I hope my message reached the list.

Nick

Nick Wedd      mapr...@gmail.com