On 10-05-16 14:39, Adrian Petrescu wrote:
> If KGS is indeed still doing that thing where your rating change is
> anchored to your opponents' ratings changes long after your game has
> finished, then it seems to me the right solution is for wms to simply
> disable that anchoring for accounts that are bots.
>
> Whatever usefulness that setting has (which is dubious to me even in the
> normal case), surely it doesn't carry over to a situation where the
> "player" being anchored to can be very, very different from the player
> that won/lost the original game causing the anchoring.

In the normal case it's helpful. Rating systems considering the entire
player history are more accurate than ones that do not.

However, they are usually built on the assumption that a players change
in playing strength is restricted in (ELO|stones)/time.

That does not entirely hold for programs where the change can be
extremely discontinuous.

--
GCP