Actually prior to this it was trained with hundreds of thousands of
stockfish games and didn’t do well on tactics (the games were actually a
blunder fest). I believe this is a problem of the MCTS used and not due to
for lack of training.

Go is a strategic game so that is different from chess that is full of
traps.
I m not surprised Lela zero did well in go.