All computer go lovers,

As Remi Coulom posted on 27th Oct. (in Computer-go Digest, Vol 117, Issue 4),
we are happy to announce renewed UEC Cup in Tokyo this December.

Details are in http://entcog.c.ooco.jp/entcog/new_uec/en/

A bit of history and announcement from Dr. Ito (Executive Chair of UEC Cup):

The UEC Cup Computer Go Tournament, which had been hosted by the Entertainment
and Cognitive Science Research Station of the University of
Electro-Communications since 2007, was interrupted in 2017 and 2018. But
renewed this year after two years interruption.
The AI Ryusei tournament hosted by the IGO&SHOGI CHANNEL INC. replaced the UEC
Cup
 in 2017 and 2018.

Computer Go is one of the driving force to foster current AI boom, and it still
is an important research theme in determining the possibilities and limitations
of AI technology. Therefore, we decided to receive the baton from the IGO&SHOGI
CHANNEL and re-establish and host a renewed UEC Cup in fresh wineskins.

This time, Tripleize Co., Ltd. and Amazon Web Service Japan Co., Ltd. will
sponsor our Research Station of the University of Electro-Communications.
The tournament will be held as the 11th UEC Cup.

This year, it will be held on December 14-15, at the convenient location of AWS
Loft Tokyo.
We look forward to the participation of many Go program developers from all
over the world.

Important dates:
・ November 25, 2019 (Monday): deadline for the participant's registration.
・ November 20 (Wednesday) to December 5 (Thursday): reporter’s registration.
・ December 13, 2019 (Friday) evening: Pre-connection test at the venue.

        -yaski