Hello all,

> ... I really don't want to raise any debate in such a happy
> new year time. :)

In central Europe it is still old year for many hours.
So, no  direct reason to become romantic.

Here are some facts from the ICGA
Computer Olympiads in 2005, 2006, 2007.

September 2005 Taipei
19x19 http://www.grappa.univ-lille3.fr/icga/tournament.php?id=42
9x9 http://www.grappa.univ-lille3.fr/icga/tournament.php?id=11
On 9x9, Indigo got bronze medal.
On 19x19, Indigo made shared rank 4-6 from 7 starters.
Was "Indigo" MC-based in that event? (I think so.)

May/June 2006 Turino
19x19 http://www.grappa.univ-lille3.fr/icga/tournament.php?id=3
9x9 http://www.grappa.univ-lille3.fr/icga/tournament.php?id=1
Crazy Stone won gold medal on 9x9, and ranked
second last on 19x19.
Crazy Stone was MC-based in that event.

June 2007 Amsterdam
19x19 http://www.grappa.univ-lille3.fr/icga/tournament.php?id=167
9x9 http://www.grappa.univ-lille3.fr/icga/tournament.php?id=169
On 19x19 MoGo got gold, Crazy Stone silver, both MC-based.
On 9x9 Steenvreter got gold, MoGo silver, Crazy Stone bronze.

***************************
My Conclusion:
Crazy Stone was the first go bot to get a gold
medal in Computer Olympiads.
MoGo was the first go bot to get a gold medal
on 19x19 in Computer Olympiads.
Likely (when my memory serves me well), Indigo
was the first go bot based on MC to get any medal
at the Computer Olympiads.

Ingo.
--
GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 Euro/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit