> Just returned from a visit to KGS where Zen seems to have struggled a
> bit in recent games. Maybe they're testing out some new ideas? The 9:55
> game against vicmorrow stands out.

Zen19N is the hardware configuration to be used in the GoBet II match,
starting Saturday (or Friday evening if you are in the U.S.); hardware
is described at http://dcook.org/gobet/

It is half the number of cores of Zen19S and Zen19D (12 4.2Ghz cores,
versus 24 cores of differing speeds on three machines). That account was
previously used by an 8-core Mac Pro (*)
So, we expected its speed to be roughly halfway between its previous
existence and Zen19S. (Which shouldn't matter much, maybe half a dan rank.)

It seems to have bounced back from the vicmorrow loss. Perhaps John can
learn something from that game ;-)

BTW, I realized yesterday, with no personal involvement, I am rooting
for both players! The voting also has no clear consensus (well, other
than that 57% of people think it will be 3-1 to *someone*).

Darren

*: Why does the KGS rank chart show lots of wobbles in Nov/Dec 2011,
when this account did not play between Nov 17th and Jan 13th? It seems
to have jumped slightly more than one full rank in strength.