That certainly sounds reasonable.
Though I still don't get why bots would frivolously fritter away the
final cushion.
Even a great bean counter should know that he can't expect his own
count to be perfect.
Then again perhaps todays bots are smarter about this, and the
perplexing behaviour I'm thinking about is a thing of the past. Which
would still leave a lack of advice for newbie-bots.

Stefan