On Sun, Sep 08, 2013 at 10:29:54AM +0200, Rémi Coulom wrote:
> Yes, but I don't know the move history. What if I want to score a game from a
> photo of the final position? If I don't assume balanced passing, I must
> specify the number of prisoners (or number of extra passes).
>
> I think I can do it by adding pass moves to the sgf game, before the setup.
> That should indicate which player passed more.

In order to also show the prisoner count correctly in SGF viewers, I'd
favor an approach that would first have a position setup with k-stone
black group in atari and j-stone white group in atari, then two moves
that'll capture the groups, then a position setup which will produce
the current position. Maybe you could introduce a property as an SGF
extension to declare that some SGF nodes are "virtual" and shall not
be visible to the user. But not sure if the result still won't be too
confusing. :)

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis