The CGOS stuff is a hack written in TCL.    I don't remember putting a
licence on it, but I would be willing to make it public domain.    It badly
needs a modern upgrade and rewrite however.   I did in in tcl and had a
prototype working in just 1 day although I ended up spending a few days
getting it in a "reasonable" state by some definition of reasonable.

So we can put a licence on it if you or anyone else is interested.

I don't want to play drama-queen here,  but I'm dying (MDS) and I do not
have the energy to put into CGOS and I apologize for the way I have dropped
it    I would be happy for someone to take it over for me and/or just
rewrite it and improve it or just keep it going.    It ended up being more
awesome that I had ever dreamed it would.

I am in computer chess now with one of the very best chess programs in the
world and it's all I can do to keep up with that but I cannot just be
interested in 100 things like I used to be able to do.

Don