Yes, in the evening but the concept here is we could keep it charged by shining a light on it in the off hours ... which would be considerable... so that the LED's would light when during display time...

My questions would be: How big physically would a solar cell be that was capable of providing power for LED's and where would one look for such and are they terribly expensive?

db

Tony B wrote:
This might work if there was a lot of sunlight, but it seems to me the
main effect of this sculpture would occur at night.

>Without the use of wires running to the outside, I want to be able to
>turn the LED circuit off and on to save power.

Don't power it with a battey. A solar cell is probably the best way since
it will not produce much heat. To run LEDs you should not need a lot of
current so normal room lighting should be sufficient to energize the
solar cells..