<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Robert sez:

>Well, I meant a reasonable comparison between laptops of the two, not a
>rant.

.
.
.
.
.

>> Haven't we beat this enough?

Exactly. That's why I just listed the specs of a MacBook and its price
and will let the student decide if the software provided on the MacBook,
the need for gaming-level graphics like the Dell has, or any other
factor determines if she can do her work with one machine over the
other. I have my preference mainly due to what I do and the way I work,
but mentioning that would be talking about me, and we're trying to
determine what is best for the student.

Hopefully she can get to an Apple Store for a good overview of
capabilities, though, so she isn't limited by misinformation she seems
to be getting on both Windows and Mac OS. She could truly compare the
software then, and she likely really won't care how the desktop looks as
long as she can do her work and fun.

--
Michael Lewis
Off Balance Productions