I will go one step farther.

The left is but a mirror image of the right!

Stewart

At 12:15 PM 6/1/2007, you wrote:
Except for all the radical left wing nutjob judges that pack our courts.
Not much rational thought either way.

Mike

On 6/1/07, Jordman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thank you all for a really interesting conversation here.

But I can't help mentioning that, with the lawyers in the justice
department and the judges in our courts packed with radical right wing
corporate ideologues, are the laws and the courts based on morality or
rational thought any more?

John Duncan Yoyo wrote:
> Given that EULA's aren't all that enforceable I'd say go ahead and try
> to install it in parallels.  If it works fine.  If it doesn't work the
> reason nobody wants to support it because you haven't paid enough
> money.  MS will always take your money for an upgrade later if you
> really need support.

>> > wrong,
>> >
>> > Have we gotten to the point where every crime is just another a
>> business
>> > decision? If the benefit exceeds the fine or the probability of
>> getting
>> > caught is not high then is there anything you would not do?
>> >

>> Well, until the EULA is given a solid legal standing, it is hard to
>> argue
>> that violating a EULA is illegal.  It is certainly grounds for a
>> contract
>> dispute, but those have gone both ways in the courts, with the user
>> winning
>> sometimes (I has no real choice in the matter but to accept the EULA,
>> so it
>> wasn't a valid contract) and the company winning sometimes (the
>> person could
>> have refused to install the software).
>>
>> So, right now, violating a EULA is not illegal.
>>
>> --
>> John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own

>> * New address? From OLD address send: CHANGE COMPUTERGUYS-L
>> YourNewAddress
>> * Need more help? Send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>> * RSS at
>> www.mail-archive.com/computerguys-l@listserv.aol.com/maillist.xml
>> * Messages bearing the header "X-No-Archive: yes" will not be archived

Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ozark, AL  SL 82