now that I redid my dead HDD with a new 120gb 7200 one with more memory (1gb
from prior 256) and usb2 (was 1.1) I have been fiddling with norton which,
after all efforts, installs fine but will not perform live update of any of
it including virus defs which is sooo lame ...I have it working fine on my
laptop (xpPROsp2) but on this desktop with fresh xpHOMEsp2 with all the
updates up2date, I cannot get it to go.  I am flummoxed and finally took it
off and am downloading avast4home ...did I do something good ??