When this happened to me a while ago with a Powerbook, it turned out to be
the (replaceable) plug end of the cord that was at fault. There was little
indication that this was the problem, but the cord did sort of "sputter" when I
first connected it at the wall. The plug end is easily replaceable (snaps
on/off
the wire) and costs almost nothing -- maybe $10 or $12, and - miraculously -
the local Apple Store had one in stock when I walked in and asked for one. Good
luck! I hope this is your problem as it's a very easy fix!

Mical Wilmoth Carton
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> >I have an Apple Powerbook, it's a G4, 857mgh, 15 inch model. It wont run
> >when using the ac adaptor and the battery isn't being charged. The light
> >where the adaptor plugs into the computer is orange and not green.
> >
> >Not sure exactly what is at fault, it could the the ac adaptor, something
> >internally in the laptop or maybe a battery issue. If anyone has advice on
> >how to process from here, I'd really appreciate any suggestions on what to
> >do to narrow down what is wrong and how to process.

 Get a sneak peak of the all-new AOL at