I said it was a good discussion. I didn't say I did any of them except Anacron, which checks way too often, but should do what I wanted. For the uninitiated it covers a lot of ground in one place, and information is good.
But I guess it is written by and for lawyers.

Tom Piwowar wrote:
I think this site has a pretty good discussion of Mac maintenance.
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html

Pretty terrible actually. Looks like it was written by a hypochondriac (or a lawyer?). Few of this listed items can be considered "maintenance." These are repair methods that are run for specific reasons. Running them for no reason at all is at best a waste of time. It could actually break something that was not previously broken. IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!

The one useful item is the reference to SMARTReporter, but even SMARTReporter runs way too frequently. It runs every few minutes when once an hour or even once a day would suffice.