From: Robert Michael Abrams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 9:45:24 PM
Subject: Re: [CGUYS] Bill Nye, the anti-God "Science Guy"

At 08:48 PM 8/19/07, Jeff Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Bob, can I call you Bob?

      Well, they often call me "Speedo," but my real name is Mister Earl.

>As someone who's probably been over the top on more than one occasion in
>my years on the list,

      I don't remember you being over the top on ANY occasion. You got a
photo, maybe?

>I gotta say, you even shamed me tonight

      I gotta say, I didn't "shame" anyone or anything. I didn't do
anything shameful. Even my use of vulgarity was done in a spirit of
somewhat self-deprecating play or fun, and not in or with shame. If you
felt shame, that was your doing and not mine.

>with your bizarrely malicious rant

      You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but I disagree that my
comments and observations about his immature attempts at censorship, and
his deliberately dramatic, and gratuitously reproving, exit from the list
constituted a "rant."

      Also, with regard to your characterization "malicious," I gotta say,
"Honi soit qui mal y pense." I was having waaaaay too much fun to feel any
malice. Sorry you didn't see the fun sufficiently to share in it. Maybe
next time.

      I take your use of the term "bizarrely" as a compliment, and I am
grateful to you for such flattery. In much the same way that Mel Brooks
said it was good to be the king, I think that sometimes it's good to be
bizarre. My listening to The Computer Guys radio show from the days of
Derek McGinty, and my membership on this list, is proof enough of that.

>towards someone who, at most, expressed disappointment in the quality of
>his entertainment.

      With all due respect, Jeff, can I call you Jeff? I think you got him
all wrong. He was expressing disappointment with all of us for our failure
to see automatically to his unspoken, arbitrary, subjective, and infantile
expectations about the content of everybody else's posts to this list.

      As I see it, "the quality of his entertainment" ain't the list's
problem to solve.

>Dear god, lighten the f#$% up.

      Q. Why did Jeff want God to lighten the f#$% up?

      A. The f#$% was too dark to see clearly.

>Go watch Ultimate Fighting or something.

      Enjoy that sort of thing, do you?

                 Bob

Thinking clearly and logically is hard. If it were easy, everyone would do it.

OK
End