New Compaq notebook plays CDs and music files that are on the hard drive with good sound--speakers are excellent. It would be great if Internet streams and online audio files also had sound so we could listen to the fine Altec-Lansing speakers. However there's no sound from online streams, audio, video.

The HP tech, "Gavin", in Bangalore, was no help. He read the simple help files, like, "turn up the volume". Volume is on high. No sound. Where is the setting to fix this?

Computer: new Compaq Presario notebook
OS: Windows Vista Home Premium
Yes, it's supposed to have a sound card.

That's funny. My new MacBook works fine.

Betty