Any particular wife or just one of the bunch ?

I have just loaded XP onto a new MacBook Pro and it's running quite well - now. I'm using Bootcamp which is the Apple provided software for making their computers bootup with Windows. Parallels on the other hand allows the Mac OS & the Windows OS to operate side by side without rebooting. Not surprisingly this requires considerably more resources from the hardware in terms of RAM. Unless you have some crying need for Vista I would suggest that XP will make like easier and perhaps zippier. Also take care with things like Windows updates. Both Bootcamp and Parallels make some assumptions about what they expect in the way of a Windows OS. If you update things needlessly you could break those expectations. The need for virus protection and other such prophylactics that are needed to protect Windows from the cold, cruel world go away IF you use the Mac OS for email and web browsing and restrict the Windows OS to local operations only.

And exactly what is a ' UG ' anyway ?

Bought wife a new iMac 2.4g 24". lots of questions. got parallels, now she says she needs a(n) MS OS. I think all Vista UG needs to see XP to UG. can she use a new copy of vista UG and one of the xp's we have laying around to load vista on her machine? does she want/need the 64 bit version?

--
E. Riley Casey
Silver Spring MD