Flash is OK for YouTube. It's wonderful for ads, since I use Flashblock. Now I'm not distracted with flashing and blinking ads.

I HATE FLASH for content on web sites. I can't view the site at all without waiting for it to load, even though it was much faster without Flash. Worse, where there are several links I want to view, I can't right-click/control-click to open each link in a new tab, so I have to wait for each link to open separately. It's much harder to parse the code for A/V links to view in stand-alone players--this helps for streaming A/V that is timed.

Even worse, Adobe Flash is a resource hog, likely to slow down everything else. Flash doesn't "like" to be in the background, so I have to wait for the Flash to load before I can go to another tab or window in the same browser. This happens on new and old computers, on slow and fast networks, with plenty of RAM.

Does Adobe give the Flash authoring program away free? Why do so many web developers use it when it's vastly inferior to other choice, including plain HTML and static images to provide fast information. Today alone I tried to pay my bills online. Three of the sites use Flash. Two didn't work, although they did before the Flash was added. Do Nokia, Samsung, Honda, et al need to use video for their index pages? I went to Samsung to look up some cell phones and closed the window instead of waiting for yet another new video to load when all I really want is specs on a phone. Nokia's site was much faster and more user friendly before Flash. Makes navigation more complicated.

Maybe web developers will get tired of creating Flash images--takes longer than other formats to create--and stop wasting our time. Sometimes Flash is appropriate, like for videos, but too often the web is being taken over by Trash with FLASH.

Betty