>Thanks. The article confirms what I suspected when Jobs first described Time
>Machine: It's a *lot* like Dirvish, as you can see from the description

Thanks too. I did not know about Dirvish. Yes it does look like Apple's
Time Machine is borrowing from this open source project.

Time Machine looks more attractive because I don't need to set up a Unix
server. All Time Machine requires is another disk drive. The operating
system takes care of everything else.

I see an interesting note that Dirvish does not get along so well with a
journaled file system. Hopefully kinks like this will be nicely sugar
coated by Apple. I also wonder about how it works with File Vault.

Has anyone spotted a Dervish applicance? This looks like a nice product
for a compamy like Linksys to provide. Or mayne someone has a hack to
convert an NSLU2 into a Dervish server? That would be cool too.