Sandbagged by an Apple with a Leopard in its mouth! What a Jobs!

No mention by Apple that Leopard will not support Classic on my iMac G5, and I didn't heed your advice and ordered the thing from Amazon! :(
[I was salivating over Time Machine and Spaces.]

Does this seem okay? Partition my iMac G5 internal drive and put Leopard on one partition and Tiger/Classic on the other. If I put the results of my Classic work in a format that is readable by an OS X app, then when running in Leopard, I could open that file.

It would be better if there was a Classic emulator that would run under Leopard, but searching the web, people say this is doubtful. There is talk of maybe SheepShaver, but that takes someone who knows how to program; it's not a "you can be dumb and still install it" type of application.

Is there a way that I could run both Leopard and Tiger/Classic at the same time, à la Parallels?

Alvin