As one of the Flash bashers, I will say that this example is definitely a great use of Flash. I guess I shouldn't be bashing Flash so much as the misuse and overuse of good product. Thanks for showing me a great site and application.

Richard P.

Tom Piwowar wrote:
http://www.curatingthecity.org/map.jsp

This is fairly standard Flash. The rollover buttons and panels are standard components with skins applied. The trick is to find someone who knows enough about Flash to make the most of components and skinning instead of building everything from scratch, which is expensive.

The "About" page says this site was created by hellodesign.com. Looking at the list of sponsors I would venture that this site's budget is in 6 figures and I don't mean low 6 figures. I didn't know you guys were so rich!

This is a good site for Flash haters to see. Another cool Flash site is mcdonalds.com.