>Are you or the article saying that Vista won't read files that are on the
>camera?  If it will display them, I can simply move them, right?  Are you
>saying that Vista won't recognize files from a camera plugged into a USB
>port?

That may be what the other person is saying, but it's not true. Most cameras
work just
fine with Vista. There are six cameras in my household and they all work just
fine with
Vista via USB, including one that is nearly ten years old.

Go to your camera maker's web site for the only reliable information about
whether or not
there are any issues with your particular model. It is not likely that there
are.

The other person apparently can't be bothered to go to his camera maker's web
site, where
he would be able to read that his own camera is, in fact, Vista compatible.
When facts are
at variance with one's prejudices, it is comforting to ignore the facts, I
guess.