The stock battery in the current laptops is fine.  When it gets old,
there are third party companies that will sell you a replacement that
exceeds original specs.

If you are comfortable working within the confines of a laptop (opening
the case) and replacing a hard drive to increase its capacity, then no
upgrade issues.  You will also need to know how to move the data to the
larger drive.  If not, then you may be wise to upgrade it to a larger
capacity drive when you buy.  Last I looked the laptops have two memory
slots and upgrading memory is pretty easy.

Thank you,

Mark Snyder