Well, if you look at the specifics on all of the items they check, they're easily repairable by you.

Or you can spend $60.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard P." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM>
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2007 9:44 AM
Subject: [CGUYS] Zone Alarm Checkup?

When my Zone Alarm firewall updated this morning, Zone Alarm offered a free system checkup which I ran. It came back saying pretty much that my XPSP2 computer, which is 3 months old and has all available updates, spyware and anti-virus protection, is a virtual mess. See report:
http://www.iolo.com/sm/freeapp/brands/zonealarm2/summary.aspx?session=14afed14-4f10-45ff-b70c-28f76fa184b5
They then advertise that all this can be fixed if I just buy Zone Alarm Internet Suite and System Mechanic, both for $60. I have always trusted Zone Alarm but this smells like a scam and at the very least, a lousy marketing tactic from what I thought was a reputable company. Is any of this valid? Any advice/comments are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Richard P.