Any P4 level machine should be able to handle photos easily, even 5-7
megapixel ones (but you weren't real specific). I'm going to guess
this is a problem with whatever app you're using to process the pix.
Try updating it or un/reinstalling it. Be more specific about what
part of the process is slow, e.g. when you drag a pic onto Windows
Media Player is it slow to display it?

If you're 'maxxed on RAM' then I assume you mean 2gb or more. That
should be plenty and you should never be hitting your paging (swap)
file. If you were, I'd still disagree that using a flash drive and
trying to force the page file to it would be a good idea. First,
Windows automatically chooses the best page file to use, and there's
no way it should pick one with only 4gb on the whole drive.