>How about the first post ever? Does someone still have that one?

I still have my email when I joined the list with my current email
address, but I had an AOL account for several years before that.

>Wed, 6 Aug 1997 21:11:03
>
>Your  subscription  to the  COMPUTERGUYS-L  list  (WAMU-FM Computer  Guys
>Announcements and Discussion List) has been accepted.

I don't know that we will every find the first post, but I wonder who
will have the oldest post. The oldest post I saved was from Mike Magruder
with a fine reply to Paul Thomas'  "I want more stability:  Win95 to NT 4
Migration"...

>At 04:46 PM 9/29/97 -0400, Paul Thomas wrote:
>>>>>
>Hello,
>
>I have been working with Windows 95 for awhile and, in combination with
>Netscape Communicator 4.01a (and other applications), I have realized that
>I am tired of restarts, reboots, reinstallations, re-clearing of cache,
>restoring of previous registries, re-scan for nonexistent viruses, just
>generally of regurgitation.  I know, there ain't no perfect OS nor
>software but I am hating this crap.  Win 95 has its own set of problems,
>Netscape has its own set of problems, I am sick and tired of it all!
>Seeking more stability in my computing life, I want to migrate to Windows
>NT 4 Workstation.

I see this was from the old days when Microsoft's operating systems were
not very reliable. Do you think I told him to get a Mac and started a
flame war?