I think you sent this to me, instead of to cgz.

when I fly, i want to kill as much sound as possible.  i use shure isolation
phones.  I cannot hear pilot or FA announcemsnts.  cannot hear those damned
babies crying or those asshole conversations for hours on end.  i usually fly
transatlantic, and would like to get 8 hrs sleep.

Bose made super noise reduction headphones for the people(rutan?) to do the
around the world nonstop in a carbon phonebooth.  noise levels were apparantly
extremely high.

normal NR headphones suck because they do not seal well, and they are hot as
hell.  an amazingly high percentage of one's heat dump is through the ears.

regards

jer