First time setting up this cassette to computer dubbing and I'm not hearing any audio through the computer. The cassette player is connected to a USB interface through RCA audio jacks. When I plug the USB interface into the computer, the interface lights up, the computer beeps recognizing the USB connection, I can hear music through the USB interface headphone jack but can't hear music through the computer speakers, nor find the audio device in Explorer. All the literature is saying plug and play but it's not working.

Do I need some sort of program to connect with the USB audio interface? Audacity seems to only be an editing software if I'm reading it right.

WinXP media center
Audacity 1.2.6

Thanks in advance,

Richard P.