At 05:01 PM 2/16/2008, Steve Rigby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Wikipedia, the free online encyclopaedia, is refusing to remove medieval artistic depictions of the Prophet Muhammad, despite being flooded with complaints from Muslims demanding the images be deleted.

http://tinyurl.com/2f9q7w

     'At's-a too bad, eh?

It's one thing for you voluntarily to construct your life around a set of (quite literally) Dark Ages practices and religious and cultural philosophies [which, in this case, call for theocratic totalitarianism; can you say, "caliphate?"], but it is quite another to insist that the rest of the world indulge you (by abandoning its own rights) while you do it.

If I were the one responding, I would be sorely tempted to up the ante by saying that removing the images was against my religion, and that [Allah Himself said that] only instruments of Satan would have made the request, in the first place. Let it be the problem of the would-be censors, and let THEM assume the risk that, and carry the freight if, that kind of response generates more heat than light. Tough First Amendment noogies!

And for the purposes of showing just how unprincipled they actually are, I'd also be tempted to order the would-be censors to demand that Ahmadinejad retract his cruel and tasteless comments about The Holocaust and the destruction of Israel.

     "Yo! Mahmood! Shut up, dog!"

               Bob

Hey, yo, hepty-doop!

OK