To the person who asked this question originally, for what it's worth, we were at a friends house where they are getting excellent HDTV OTA reception from 62 miles away, although they do live on a very high hill.

Richard P.

   I'd like to hear from people who have antennas that can pull in HD
   stations 50 miles away. I live on the north shore of the Chesapeake
   Bay, and we get both Philly and Baltimore stations, but only
   pixellation on HD. Is there an antenna that can pull in HD stations
   as far away as we are? It's mostly flat between here and the TV
stations' antennas.