What kind of adapter? How is it connected? Is this Win98 SE? Is the utility able to "see" the wireless router?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen Brownfield" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM>
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 3:43 PM
Subject: [CGUYS] A windows 98 question

I work with individuals with disabilities. One young man needs to run Windows 98, because that is the newest system that will run some of his adaptive software. The home he lives in has wireless internet. He had a wireless card put into his computer about a year or so ago. About 2 weeks ago he said that he lost his internet connection. I went over to his home, the wireless connection still works for other computers. (I tested it with a laptop running XP.) I went to control panel > System > device manager and checked out the properties on his wireless card which said that the device was functioning properly. I looked at the card/antenna from the back of the computer. Its light was on and when I tried to look up something on the internet (a web page) the other light would start to blink as it looked for a connection. As I look at everything looks like it should work. What do you think might be wrong? Despite what the device manger says do you think it may be the card? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Steve