I like your math Eric, it coincides with the math the others have been doing.

Makes complete horse sense. :-)

Lets just look at density per sq/mi.

My state AL 84.83

Spain 231
France 295
La 102.59
Tx 79.6

The whole USA 80  (About 1/4 of Frances or Spains)

Yup makes perfect sense to me!

Stewart

At 09:54 PM 3/26/2008, you wrote:
Overall, yes.  But let me throw out some numbers,  I'm looking at,
back of the envelope calculation, you understand, Verizon core
territory (DC, MD, VA, WV, PA, DE, NJ, NY and MA).

You understand we've sold off NH, VT and ME to Fairpoint
Communications, recently.

I'm not including our former GTE properties in NC, FL, OH, TX,
etc., which are pretty substantial.

AT&T covers most of CT.
So,  Verizon core territories account for 63.2 million in population
over 184 thousand square miles.

France has 60.8 million in population over 213 thousand square miles.

So Verizon (core) is denser than France, on average.

This pretty much confirms Betty's theory.

:-)

Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Prince of Peace