I think it is the hardware configuration that is being 'emulated' with
the BIOS properly tweaked and some modification to the loading
procedure to OSX5.  Take a look at
<http://lifehacker.com/348653/install-os-x-on-your-hackintosh-pc-no-hacking-required/>.
  They used a modified version of OSX Panther and tweaked the BIOS.  I
can't find it now but there are some configurations that didn't need
the altered OSX.

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 2:32 AM, mike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> OS X can be run under normal bios...so what is being emulated if not the
>  EFI?
>
>  MIke
>

>  On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Steve Rigby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>  > On Apr 21, 2008, at 5:36 PM, mike wrote:
>  >
>  >  I've wondered about this, is there a ROM on the apple motherboards that
>  > > the
>  > > install dvd looks for?  If all you have to do is patch a few software
>  > > files
>  > > on the DVD to get it to run on a similar chipset, is there any real
>  > > hardware
>  > > difference from  mac to any other machine?
>  > >
>  >
>  >  Less now than before as a result of the move to the Intel processor,
>  > which is actually what makes it all possible to do rather easily.  Some
>  > operating issue remain, however.  Waking from sleep can be problematic, and
>  > it may be necessary under emulation software to have the OS DVD in the
> drive
>  > in order to boot up.  Updating system software can cause issues as well.
>  >
>  >
>  >  Steve
>  >
>  >
>  > **  List info, subscription management, list rules, archives, privacy  **
>  > **  policy, calmness, a member map, and more at http://www.cguys.org/  **
>  >

John Duncan Yoyo