I don't know. But you can try my way as a workaround. Install the add
on PDF Download (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/636)
which allows you to specify a program to handle pdfs. I went a step
farther and installed Foxit Reader
(http://www.download.com/Foxit-PDF-Reader/3000-2079_4-10313206.html)
and have PDF Download pointed to it.