Huh? It's true Gmail calls it's filters 'labels' (not 'tags'), but how
does that mean *I'm* doing anything wrong? I was the one making the
point that this is where we commonly see tags today - on the web, not
in file systems like you brought up.

I won't argue that tags may be the future. My other point though had
to do with the hassle of having to *manually* tag items. I really
don't see why your spending time adding tags to your emails is going
to help you recall a post or thread from history. Why can't Gmail et
all _automatically_ add tags depending on the content of the
post/email? But then, it wouldn't be 'tags' it would be 'keywords'?