On May 25, 2008, at 11:00 PM, Steve Yaffe wrote:

He might be ready to switch to a Mac - my 82-year old mother is happy with hers. I'm thinking of doing the same - except I need to exchange Word & Excel files with the Dell at work either thru e- mails or flash drive.

If not wanting to buy a new version of Word is all that's stopping you, check out Open Office. It's free and will let you read Word and save your creations in Word format.

It definitely works for me.

Mar