Is it really a flaw? As I understand it from what I have read on the web, Safari will download what you tell it to where you have told it to. In the case of Windows, the default is the desktop, a fairly common choice. Unfortunately for windows users, the desktop is an unsafe location because executables on the desktop work differently, read more permissively, than elsewhere. The flaw in my view is thus on the Windows desktop. Safari already has a fix available - choose a different location. What would you have Apple do - code Safari to break the aspect of Windows that allows executables from the desktop?

Matthew