Could be.   Yes, maybe it was Avast.  Sorry.

db

Rich Schinnell wrote:
At 12:00 AM 6/24/2008, you wrote:
Date:    Mon, 23 Jun 2008 08:13:22 -0700
From:    db <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Free antivirus to replace AVG?
I believe the case is that when you download free AVG, registration is required to keep it running. They send you an email with a registration key or such and you have to install it in your AVG within 60 days or such or the free AVG copy will stop working...

db

Untrue regarding registration or it stops working. NOT according to
my having it installed on a few machines.

Basic antivirus and antispyware protection for Windows available to download for free. Limited features, no support, for private and non-commercial use only.

http://free.grisoft.com/ww.download?prd=afe

db, where did you get the information regarding AVG and it stopping
working without registration???
Something tells me that you are thinking about another of the free Anti-Virus programs..

Rich